Radon

Radon is a cancer-causing, radioactive gas that comes from the natural breakdown of uranium in soil, rock and water. Radon gets into the air you breathe through cracks, crevices and openings in the foundation. Radon gas is not visible and has no odor or taste. It is the second-leading cause of lung cancer in the United States, estimated to cause thousands of deaths annually. Only smoking causes more lung cancer deaths.

Any home not constructed to be radon resistant may have a radon problem. Nearly one in 15 homes in the U.S. has elevated radon levels.

The only way to determine if you may have a radon issue is to test.

To obtain a free radon test kit, contact the Boyle Co. Health Department. 859-236-2053.

Follow this link to Dr. Oz’s video on the harmful effects of Radon in your home: www.doctoroz.com/videos/1-cancer-risk-home-pt-1 

www.doctoroz.com/videos/1-cancer-risk-home-pt-2

 

Hours of Operation

Monday: 8:00 am – 5:30 pm

Tuesday: 8:00 am – 4:30 pm

Wednesday: 8:00 am – 4:30 pm

Thursday: 8:00 am – 4:30 pm

Friday: 8:00 am – 3:00 pm

Contact Us

Call: (859)-236-2053

Fax: (859)-236-2863

For Medical Emergencies Call: 911

For Health Department Emergencies Call: (859)-583-6123

 

448 South Third Street

P.O. Box 398

Danville, Ky 40423