Current Events Post
Health Department Closing Dates
The health department will be clsosed on the following dates for state observed holidays and local health department furlough days.
March 29, 2013 (close at 10:15 a.m.)
May 3, 2013 (all day)
May 27, 2013 (all day)
July 4, 2013 (all day)
Spring Alert……After you touch ducklings or chicks,
wash your hands so you don’t get sick!!!
- Contact with live poultry (chicks, chickens, ducklings, ducks, geese, and turkeys) can be a source of human Salmonella infections.
- Salmonella germs can cause a diarrheal illness in people that can be mild, severe, or even life threatening.
- Chicks, ducklings, and other live poultry can carry.
- Salmonella germs and still appear healthy and clean.
- Salmonella germs are shed in their droppings and can easily contaminate their bodies and anything in areas where birds live and roam.
Boyle County Board of Health Meeting
on May 21,2013 at the Boyle County Health Department at 5:15 p.m.
Hands is expanding the program to include new and expectant parents who are parenting other children.
Click on the Services Provided tab for more information.
Adult Hepatitis A Vaccine Is Available:
For persons age 19- 64 who are at high risk for infection or who are at increased risk from complications from Hepatitis A disease and have no insurance. For a limited time the cost is $5.00 per shot. Hepatitis A vaccination is recommended for people at risk include those who will travel outside the United States to countries with high rates of Hepatitis A, men who are sexually active with other men, users of illegal injections and noninjection drugs, persons who have occupational risk for infection, persons with chronic liver disease and person with clotting-factor disorders. Two doses given 6-18 months apart are required for this vaccine.
How Much is A Life Worth? The Truth About Tobacco.
See the video at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2m7-zIa6-Es&feature=plcp
Diabetes Support and Information Group
Next meeting is April 9, 2013 from 6:00 to 7:00 p.m at the Boyle County Health Department. Program on Sexual Health Issues in Diabetes. Guest Speaker is Dr. Ginny Gottschalk from the Family Medicine Clinic of Danville.